Skip to main content

Caput, cactus, cannot be fixed...


We wake this morning to the beep, beep, beeping 
of the security alarm and a burning smell. 
My bedside light won't turn on. 
The electrics are out.

Have you got time for a cuppa?
Let's make it a big one.
This could take a while...

It's a big cuppa sort of a day!
It's the 5th day of winter 
and the heating has broken. Why? 
Why, when it had all of last summer, 
or even all of the last few autumn months,
why does it have to break now?

'It's shagged' says the tradie*
"Shagged?' I repeat thinking I can't put that on my blog
'Yeah it's F*****' says his young assistant helpfully,
Hmmm, 'Please not the F word, that's worse...!'
What is wrong with the youth of today?!
'Caput**, Cactus***' he mumbles,
knowing he's overstepped the mark 
'Thank you, that's better I say, 
the C word is perfect'
'Wot???' he says...


It's pouring with rain
I take this photo staying dry through my bathroom window
hence the criss cross patterns through the flywire!

My Tradie hides his face!
So we are without heat
They can't do a quote until Tuesday
because they're really, really busy and 
it's a Queen's Birthday holiday weekend
We could be without heating for a while...

There is nothing for it but to hit Day 5 of my 30 day Abs Challenge to warm up:
30 Sit ups, 12 Crunches, 12 leg raises, 20 sec plank
I'm still cold, I think about hitting Day 6 as well
but then have a better idea
Let's hit the shops!

In Australia when it gets unbearably hot, 
and our air conditioning units struggle
we go to Chadstone Shopping Centre.
Today I'm off there to warm up.

I also have my Apple One on One lesson
booked for later in the day.

Apple One on One: Chadstone
I love my Apple lessons, my years membership gets me 
unlimited training worldwide.
In the last three months I have trained at
Regents Street - London
Fifth Avenue - New York
Grand Central Station - New York
International Finance Centre - Hong Kong
Now I am back at my home store which is warm and cosy!

It's usually organic and healthy for us!
There is just time before School pick up 
to rush into Aldi for my favourite Organic products 
but guess what they have a special promotion and I buy up big.
It's British week!

I am going to be real popular when I get home with 
Hob Nobs, Hula hoops and most important of all Branston Pickle
All on special price promotion.
You have take the girl out of England 
but you can't take the England out of the girl!
Do you ever get excited about food from your homeland?!

The excitement of a buy British week at Aldi! 
There is just one more stop before I leave, 
I work with Asylum Seekers and I am in need of some runners
for a new Women's walking group.
One of the stores has very kindly agreed to let me go through
their recycle shoe bin.
I have very specific sizes needed, but do well.
In the end I struggle to get all my shopping back to the car.
It's exhausting and I'm hot.
Could be the last time I'm warm in a while!!

Running around warms me up!

Hope you have enjoyed Day 5 of my 30 day Jump in June challenge
to show you something of my everyday life in Melbourne, Australia.
Tomorrow it would be really good if it stopped raining and nothing broke ;)
See you tomorrow!
Today I am linking with Alphabe Thursday
C -is for Caput, Cactus, Cannot...

*      Tradies:  Aussie abbreviation for tradesmen
**  Caput:    done with, over, dead, broken, the end of, no more.
***   Cactus:  dead not functioning

Product Disclosure statement - No of course I am not getting any payment, or free products from the stores mentioned. Feel free to send me a cheque to the e-mail address on the sidebar!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Summer 2023!

Hello Everyone I hope you are having a wonderful July whereever you are in the world. As it's been a wee while since I stopped by I thought I'd fill you in.  The last three months have been epic. Here is my flight schedule alone: Phuket --> Bangkok --> Singapore --> Melbourne --> Gold Coast (overland to --> Brisbane --> Sydney --> Phuket --> Bangkok --> London --> Paris (overland to Montpellier) --> London. As they say I haven't been everywhere yet but it's on my list! April ended up being an incredible month as I returned to Australia, thanks to a wonderful invite to attend a 7 night Detox at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat in Queensland. Here is a little excerpt:  Gwinganna Detox Program I’ve been invited to join a  seven-night detox program  at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat. They are winners of the  World’s Best Eco Spa Awards  (2022 World Spa Awards) and it is beyond exciting. Well, until I read the small print… So it’s no gluten, dairy,

Autumn Spice and everything nice!

Hey, what ever happened to Summer? I hope yours was lovely, mine was pretty amazing! It feels like my whole year has whizzed past in a flash, how about yours?  I've had a year of saying "yes" to everything offered to me. It has been exciting to put it out to the Universe to see where I should be. We feel very fortunate to be able to do this in my husband's early years of retirement. I'm just back in Asia from the US. I never feel my year is quite right without seeing British daffodils in the Spring and a pumpkin and the leaves turning in Autumn. Yay, the world nailed it this year, thank you.  Read on to find out what happened when my ultimate yes occurred on a trip to Montana to meet Ruth, an IG friend. I know Bloggers will smile and not be at all concerned, we've been meeting up around the globe for years, haven't we...?!  But let's just say some of my family and friends were, you're doing what?! But first some Little Wren updates! France I had so

It's a funny old world!

Welcome to Racha Island Hello everyone and greetings from Phuket, Thailand THAILAND THOUGHTS Thailand where we have now reopened the country and are ready to welcome international fully vaccinated arrivals without quarantine to our beautiful island.  For all the details check out  Phuket Sandbox: Would you, should you, could you?   This month another southern island Koh Samui followed along. There are slightly different arrangements with guests to stay within their arrival hotel for three days before supplying a negative Covid test. This gives freedom to roam the island, after 7 days, visitors can also visit the islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. For all the details check out: Welcome back to Thailand via Koh Samui plus All this as Thailand records the highest Covid numbers and death rates ever recorded and stricter measures have been released across the worst affected Provinces.  There is a plan for more of the country to open and the idea was for Thailand to fully reopen to vaccinat