Skip to main content

Glorious Getaway!

Bangkok here we come!

I had an e-mail from a friend who said at the start of June 
you’re not doing much for Aussie tourism, 
by bemoaning the fact 
that you are in Australia all month!” 
Oopsie!  


It’s not that I don’t love Australia... 
It’s just that I love to travel! 

 I get cabin fever if I stay put for too long…


Have you ever done any of those psychometric tests 
before a big job interview? 
You know the ones that ask all manner of weird and wonderful questions? 

Well I'm off the scale in terms of new ideas, 
and happiness with change, 
but my completer - finisher profile is poor!! 

I get bored and move on.
Literally. 


Luckily I’ve had a husband whose global job 
required frequent moves. 

Well actually...
I’ve always said, he is lucky to have me! 


Because glamorous as it sounds,
not many partners would put up with it…

When we left Belgium the first time
our neighbours had gone skiing.
The job was accepted, 
everything is always frightfully confidential, 
‘Mum's the word*’ you know, 
until things are announced...
We’d packed up, 
AND moved continents, 
before our neighbours had even attempted their first black run.

I often wonder what must they think of us; 
those rude British neighbours who never said 'au revoir'!


It's only the Crazy Poodle who hates it when we travel.
As soon as the suitcases are out, he knows.


We leave to the sound of his wails,
his little black nose pushed through the bars of the gate.
He can really turn it on...

'Quick! Get the dog a pigs ear.'
I yell at daughter No 2, 
staying behind for soccer and household duties...


With Mutt momentarily, but easily distracted, 
we're off to the airport for a quick break to Bangkok.

It is so good to get away...
I'd set myself some crazy challenges for June
given that it was a month 'locked-in' Down Under.

Do you want to guess how I got on?!
Yes you're right
Pretty dismally... 
I must work on my completer-finisher skills!

The first one to fall by the wayside,
 with medical approval, I might add, 
was the 30 day Abs challenge.
So much for looking good in my bikini!


My second challenge was to blog everyday 
about my Aussie life, 
linking with thirty different memes.

I completed twenty-five posts in June.
If I count the one that went through at 12.01am on July 1st...

Woo hoo!!!
I heard all that activity nearly put Blogger into meltdown,
Or maybe it was just me that nearly went into meltdown?

Anyway not quite the thirty posts I'd promised myself 
and a hectic writing schedule,
but I did meet some lovely new Bloggers, 
at some interesting new memes.
June certainly whizzed by...



The final and hardest one was my 30 Day minimalist challenge.
Which involved throwing out a whopping 465 items over the month,
I'm happy I did achieve this
although it was not without it's dramas & 
I will tell you some more on my return.

So here we are after a hectic term,
Our son is on a school trip for ten days to Darwin,
and we're off to have a few days away.


Yes, I know, 
there's a military coup in Bangkok at the moment... 
Yes I know, 
it's summer, and the humidity is over ninety percent...
Ok, 
so it's the rainy season...

Don't you just love to get away?

* Mum's the word.  (informal)
something that you say which means something should be kept secret.

Linking with Alphabe Thursday
Thanks to Jenny Matlock




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Summer 2023!

Hello Everyone I hope you are having a wonderful July whereever you are in the world. As it's been a wee while since I stopped by I thought I'd fill you in.  The last three months have been epic. Here is my flight schedule alone: Phuket --> Bangkok --> Singapore --> Melbourne --> Gold Coast (overland to --> Brisbane --> Sydney --> Phuket --> Bangkok --> London --> Paris (overland to Montpellier) --> London. As they say I haven't been everywhere yet but it's on my list! April ended up being an incredible month as I returned to Australia, thanks to a wonderful invite to attend a 7 night Detox at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat in Queensland. Here is a little excerpt:  Gwinganna Detox Program I’ve been invited to join a  seven-night detox program  at Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat. They are winners of the  World’s Best Eco Spa Awards  (2022 World Spa Awards) and it is beyond exciting. Well, until I read the small print… So it’s no gluten, dairy,

Autumn Spice and everything nice!

Hey, what ever happened to Summer? I hope yours was lovely, mine was pretty amazing! It feels like my whole year has whizzed past in a flash, how about yours?  I've had a year of saying "yes" to everything offered to me. It has been exciting to put it out to the Universe to see where I should be. We feel very fortunate to be able to do this in my husband's early years of retirement. I'm just back in Asia from the US. I never feel my year is quite right without seeing British daffodils in the Spring and a pumpkin and the leaves turning in Autumn. Yay, the world nailed it this year, thank you.  Read on to find out what happened when my ultimate yes occurred on a trip to Montana to meet Ruth, an IG friend. I know Bloggers will smile and not be at all concerned, we've been meeting up around the globe for years, haven't we...?!  But let's just say some of my family and friends were, you're doing what?! But first some Little Wren updates! France I had so

It's a funny old world!

Welcome to Racha Island Hello everyone and greetings from Phuket, Thailand THAILAND THOUGHTS Thailand where we have now reopened the country and are ready to welcome international fully vaccinated arrivals without quarantine to our beautiful island.  For all the details check out  Phuket Sandbox: Would you, should you, could you?   This month another southern island Koh Samui followed along. There are slightly different arrangements with guests to stay within their arrival hotel for three days before supplying a negative Covid test. This gives freedom to roam the island, after 7 days, visitors can also visit the islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao. For all the details check out: Welcome back to Thailand via Koh Samui plus All this as Thailand records the highest Covid numbers and death rates ever recorded and stricter measures have been released across the worst affected Provinces.  There is a plan for more of the country to open and the idea was for Thailand to fully reopen to vaccinat